At First Baptist Church of Brazoria we believe:
- That the Bible is God's word. It is inerrant and authoritative in all areas of life, in the church and beyond.
- God exists and is at work on this earth.
- Jesus was born of a virgin.
- Jesus is God
- God is Trinity: One being in three persons
- Humanity has sinned against God and now suffers the consequences of that sin.
- Jesus' death on the cross and ressurrection pays the price for sin on behalf of all who trust in Him
- As an act of obedience, Christians are baptized by immersion only after they have professed Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. (immersion means that you are dunked under the water.)
- The soul is immortal
- The Church is God's design for community and is therefore where people engage in life together
- Those who believe in Christ will be resurrected from the dead
- We are all personally accountable to our Maker
- We all have a responsibility to take care and value life
- Christians must live like Christ
- Once Jesus has saved you, you cannot loose that salvation. It is secure because He is God and He secured it.
- Jesus is coming back one day soon.
For a more detailed listing of our doctrinal beliefs,refer to the Baptist Faith and Message.